Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday

Erik seems to be doing better than expected by everyone, including the Doctors and Nurses. He seems to know most things/people he should, except for accident related stuff. He seems to treat people the same way he treats them normally - just a little (lot) less filtered. He is not on sedation, but very sleepy because he is healing. The doctors have given him the ok to eat non-pureed food through his mouth. His mom saw him eat a graham cracker and he liked it a lot. The physical therapy team had him sit up on the side of the bed today - he was dizzy but strong. He can see! It looks like he isn't even opening his eyes - but somehow he sees through a little slit, he said "Hi Mom" before she even spoke. He says he is not seeing double vision - that was a big concern...so that is really good news. He sings along to music.

He is still very confused and he is in and out. If he is awake when you see him, just let him know that the only reason I am not there is because I am taking care of Tanner. Maybe he'll get sick of hearing that but I feel bad for not being there 24 hours a day. Thanks for all of your love and support. I tried to tell Erik about the vast amount of people that have contacted me about him, and the love they have for him, he said "Thats a lot of love"
Melissa

1 comment:

wendy fischer said...

Melissa,

I can't believe what progress Erik is making, what a miracle! my prayers are with you and your family right now, and I hope the road keeps getting better, although it looks to be a long one.