Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Help us smile

I thought it would be nice to gather a few 'funny' or 'fun' Erik stories that I can remind him of in the hospital. I think it would help him remember even more things & become more positive. Maybe some are stories I can shorten for Tanner at bedtime too. I'll start with a little, somewhat insignificant story & maybe you can help me build.

Melissa
_________________
Erik and I were grocery shopping at Gresham Safeway and in the shampoo isle. I would say this was probably about 5 years ago (a little before we got married - before we moved into our house). We were picking out some new conditioner & I think it was a choice between many of the "Rain" types, they cost about $1.30 & have one of those white caps that you compress one side down and about 1/8" pops up on the other side to let the liquid come out. Erik had suggested that we smell the conditioner to decide which one to pick; so he picked up a bottle, pushed down the cap, put it up to his nose and took a squeeze. A little creamy white dollop of conditioner landed right under his nose directly in the center of his mustache. I thought it was the FUNNIEST thing! I laughed so hard for about 10 minutes walking around the store. The look on his face! He was shocked. His eyes were wide open. Even in the checkout line he complained that he can't get the 'springyard freshness' smell off his nose...and that sent me off in a new set of hysterics.
_____________________
I guess the story does not sound as funny written down as I remember it but it is a good Erik memory for me. It puts a little tug on one side of my smile so thats good too. I know you guys have some fun times golfing /float tubeing /camping /highschool /Work /football /holiday memories that you could share.

Thanks a million...

1 comment:

Wendy Stimac said...

Well the first and most recent memory that comes to mind is Erik in his undies climbing on the fountain at the soaking pool at Old st. francis School. After randomly running into you guys in Bend. Crazy and fun night!!!