Wednesday, April 2, 2008

From Melissa on Wednesday (I guess)

I just wanted to let you know that I check this blog frequently to read the nice comments that you left. It really helps me to read your nice words. It also gives me something to do while I get to spend quiet time alone.

The comment that really hit home yesterday was written by Taylor Hakala. A little boy who has known Erik his whole life. Rian Hakala's nephew, Troy & Shannons Son. Thank you Taylor. Erik loves you and really enjoys teasing you. I'm glad that we were able to spend that day playing in the snow a little wile ago. Our family had a great time with you and Triston.
___________________
DEAR ERIK,
THIS BLOG WAS MAKING ME FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED. I HOPE MELISSA AND TANNER ARE O.K ABOUT THIS. I'M GLAD YOU ARE ABLE TO MOVE YOUR FINGERS AND TOES. WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THIS I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO DIE!
ON THE GOOD END IT SOUNDS LIKE HES GOING TO BE O.K HUGS AND KISSES

TAYLOR HAKALA

2 comments:

Wendy Stimac said...

I am so happy to hear the comment left yesturday from the doctor! You and Erik are in my thoughts all day and all night. I love you! Cooper is doing great, he has made a best friend, the kitten, Rufus. I'll talk to you soon. Love wendy

Caryn said...

Melissa,
Your postings highlight the wonderful person, wife, and mother you are. You continue to amaze me. Your friends are supportive because you and Erik inspire them to do so: good people have good friends.
Please call Nick and I if you have any last-minute babysitting needs. I'm home on Monday, Friday, all evenings, and weekends. Tanner is such a sweetheart and Megan would be thrilled to see him! I would also love to help with some household chores/cooking after Jen leaves. I'm sorry I missed you at the hospital yesterday - consider this a huge hug!
-Caryn