Thursday, April 3, 2008

4/3/08

Nothing really new to report. He is still following commands to wiggle his toes, give a thumbs up, etc. The only odd part for the nurse, is Erik move his left had on command. He does move it, but just not when asked to so there is no concern of paralysis.

The Plastics team and Neuro surgeon will be doing the facial reconstruction surgery on Friday. To make the surgery easier, they will be doing a tracheotomy after all.

His pneumonia is still being treated with no change.

Nurse said his head CT is really bad. Due to the severity of his injuries, he's surprised at how well Erik is doing. I guess that is good news.

Due to the surgery on Friday, the family would like to ask that visitors only come to support Melissa and family and limit visits to see Erik only to immediate family. This is for Friday only. Melissa really likes the support of seeing people at the hospital as it helps everyone with the grieving process. We can resume seeing Erik on Saturday. However, please stop by and see him on Thursday if you wish.

Dave got a copy of the police report while I went to the tow yard and took pictures of both vehicles and retrieved their belongings from the car. At Melissa's request, I went over the police report and showed her pictures. Although traumatic, I think it really helped put together the situation and really helped us understand how Erik got his injuries. -Rian

8 comments:

dunfordorama said...

Melissa -
My heart is just aching for your family by this news!
Please know that Tanner is always welcome at our home on-call in the evenings, especially those nights where he go to Sheri's the next morning.. "Big Lauren" would love to have Tanner over. :)
Johnnie Dunford

Unknown said...

Dear Erik

I’m sad to hear about your road accident. I just wanted to write to say that I’m thinking of you and know that you are a ‘fighter’ and nothing is going to keep you down for too long. . May you get stronger and healthier everyday.
Thinking of you,

Leanne Naranen

Kathy Sanders said...

Melissa,I just heard about the accident this morning from an email from Janet. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Erik, and Tanner. Stay strong, as always. Lots of love,
Kathy, Richard, Alan, and Claire Sanders

Jen Hunt said...

Melissa, I just want you to know how much we love you, Erik and Tanner. I know you feel that Dave and I are doing too much, but we feel that we can not do enough. You, Erik and Tanner are our family and we will always be there for you no matter what. I truly feel in my heart that Erik will make a 100% recovery, it may be a long road but he will be our Erik again soon. I love you!
Jen Hunt

Laela said...

Hey there I heard the news, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and Erik. I miss you guys. Hugs and kisses!

Love,
Laela

Kearbear13 said...

Melissa,
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry. We have been thinking of you,Tanner and Erik. Your family is in our prayers. Hang in there.

Kerrie and Jason

Unknown said...

I work with Erik on the Red Soils Project. All of us at work were very sad to hear about Erik's accident. It is good to hear that he is improving. It is nice to be able to follow his progress on this blog instead of through the grapevine. Please let Erik know we miss him and look forward to seeing him back at work when he is able. Also, let us know when he feels up to having a visit from a co-worker. My wife and I will be keeping your family in our prayers. Don Wilson

Unknown said...

Melissa, Erik and family,

I guess that I have been out of the loop a bit on the accident, but thankfully Charlie called me yesterday to let me know what happened. All that I can say is that my family's prayers and thoughts are with you all, that as well as I know Erik...were not close friends...he has a fighters mentality and he WILL get through this.
Melissa, he is very lucky to have you on his side during something as horrific as this....please know that if you need anything, Elizabeth and I are here for you. If you just want to talk about random things, don't hesitate to call. And if you need any help with Tanner, please let us know.
Be strong and be there for Erik. Let him know that he is in our thoughts, and tell him that I'll even let him beat me at poker when he is well enough! Take care.
Derek