Monday, March 31, 2008

Welcome to updates of Erik's progress

This is Daro and I just wanted to set up a blog for people to get the latest information about Erik's progress. I also hope this can be a place for people to provide support and encouragement for the family.

We are looking for people who have time and are able to help watch Tanner. We are in the early stages of arranging a schedule and coordinating days that people are available. Myself and Jennifer Hunt are available as contact people.

I spoke with Melissa this morning and her and Tanner were having some quality time at home playing together. Melissa received a phone call from the hospital this morning that Erik was responding to verbal commands. Melissa is planing on visiting him today.

Thank you everyone for all of your support, positive thoughts and prayers. Melissa is surrounded by a lot of wonderful family and friends.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Daro for setting this up....Tom and I visited the hospital today...Melissa is so very appreciative of all the support she is receiving from their friends and family. We spoke with Melissa and Jen today and it works out that Tom will be able to watch Tanner on Monday's. We are also available for any overnight stays that are needed. The words from the doctors and nurses today were encouraging, and we are hoping and praying for the very best.
All our love,
Tom and Julie Connolly

Tyrone & Michelle said...

I'm able to watch Tanner any day that is needed.Just let me know. I know as time goes by things that are needed will come up and I'm avaiable for ANYTHING. If there is a need our number is 503-661-2077. We are praying for a 100% recovery.

shawnawks said...

I am also available on Mondays if Tom is unable to have Tanner one day, I am completely free on Fridays too. Tanner and Quinn are only days apart in age and they get along well, so it would be good for both of them to be able to play together! Weekend are usually pretty open also and I am completely willing for overnights.

Much love and prayers,
Shawna Weeks

Unknown said...

DEAR ERIK,
THIS BLOG WAS MAKING ME FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED. I HOPE MELISSA AND TANNER ARE O.K ABOUT THIS. I'M GLAD YOU ARE ABLE TO MOVE YOUR FINGERS AND TOES. WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THIS I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO DIE!
ON THE GOOD END IT SOUNDS LIKE HES GOING TO BE O.K HUGS AND KISSES

TAYLOR HAKALA